Protein snacks are excellent for staving off 饥饿 and keeping the body satiated for a couple of hours. Every meal should include some type of 蛋白, but it isn’t always convenient to eat a 汉堡包 or a piece of 鸡. Sometimes, especially when you are on the go, when you need a portable 蛋白 snack. You need a healthy snack that will satisfy your appetite until your next meal.
Protein is an essential element of every cell in the body. Your hair and nails are mostly made of 蛋白. Your body uses 蛋白 to build and repair tissues. You also use 蛋白 to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. An important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood, 蛋白 is a powerful nutrient that is necessary for a healthy body.
Along with fat and carbohydrates, 蛋白 is a“macronutrient,”meaning that the body needs relatively large amounts of it. Vitamins and minerals, which are needed in only small quantities, are called“micronutrients.”But unlike fat and carbohydrates, the body does not store 蛋白, and therefore has no reservoir to draw on when it needs a new supply. This is why it is important to eat 蛋白 at every meal.
1. Beef or Turkey Jerky—Choose low sodium varieties, or make your own from turkey or beef. These dried pieces of meat are easy to eat, especially when you are on the run.
2. Nuts—A natural choice, nuts are high in 蛋白. Be sure to choose unsalted nuts in a variety of types. Almonds, walnuts, pine nuts and soy nuts are great choices.
3. Cheese—Prepackaged brands are convenient to eat and easy to take along. Choose low fat varieties like Babybel or string cheese.
4. Protein Bars—Take them anywhere, these delicious bars taste just like candy. Full of 蛋白, they’re a healthy in-between meal snack.
5. Peanut Butter Sandwich—Peanut butter is high in 蛋白 and delicious. Spread it on a piece of bread for a portable sandwich you can take with you. A small jar and a spoon is all you need for an emergency snack to keep in stock.
6. Boiled Eggs—Place in a bag, but don’t hold them out of refrigeration for too long. Eggs are best eaten within a couple of hours of preparation. A wonderful source of 蛋白, a couple of boiled eggs will quiet a noisy stomach.
7. Protein Shake—Portable and good for you too. Keep it chilled until you are ready to head out the door.
8. Edamame Beans—Take them out of the freezer, thaw and eat. I like to carry these with me to eat as a snack or light lunch. Deliciously good with little mess.
9. Milk or Chocolate Milk—Milk is a great source of 蛋白 and calcium. Grab a small container at the convenience store when you are stopping in for gas. Milk will keep you satisfied until your next meal.
10. Spicy Roasted Chickpeas—Crunchy and spicy! Make them ahead and store them in a resealable plastic bag. They’ll stay crispy for a few days.